Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Half Time


I've just completed second week in KSA. Tomorrow one day off relaxing, get my stuff together and leaving Jeddah, back to the Eastern Province again, this time to Dharan.

It was the first time I've been in Jeddah, it's a bit difficult to describe. The traffic is plain crazy. Forget about Dubai, here it's even more busy on the streets and no signs of any safe-driving skills around.

I haven't seen much other than the Hotel and customer site, but appearently it's great for Scuba diving here, so I will at least get a taxi to the beach tomorrow and hopefully will be pleasently surprised.

I found people here very friendly. All day long I get a friendly "Salam Malaikum", on the street, in the elevators, everywhere, non-stop. This happens only occasionally to me in Riyadh or Dubai.

School vacation started here, subsequently to my shock I couldn't get a flight out of Jeddah. All Airlines were fully booked! Out of desperation, I've already booked the Hotel Limo to drive me up to Dharan to be on time for the next scheduled customer meeting. That would have been a crazy 14+ hours drive through the desert. This morning I checked one last time online with FlySama and couldn't believe my luck when I found one available seat to Riyadh for Friday. Wow, now I only have to get a driver from Riyadh to Dharan, which should take something around 4 hours. What a relieve!

So, this is half-time, I've got about another 12 days to go before take-off back to Dubai. I start to miss it:-)

No comments: