Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January, the first rain


As I mentioned in my first post, we had quite some heavy rain last week.


It all started when Mr. Bush was just about to visit Dubai. The night before the service roads of our famous Sheikh Zayed Road were closed. A lot of traffic jam and confusion. A day later it was announced that most major roads will be closed, too. Well, people were advised to better stay and work from home, if possible. A few hours later it was announced we better declare Bush's visit as public holiday. Maybe a wise decision. It started to rain anyway and the roads started to get flooded. It rained for 3-4 days & nights non-stop .....

...I took this picture with my mobile, hence the bad quality, sorry for that. Actually I really wanted to go out with my camera and take more pictures of that great water event, unfortunately got distracted by work. Well, guess I have to wait for another year.




No comments: